Re: FW: 64 bit or 32 bit

Hi

Glynn Clements wrote:
> There may be similar information elsewhere in /proc; I don't know what
> /proc/cpuinfo says for 64-bit architectures.

Not much I fear:

This is a 32bit Centrino:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.26GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 798.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up est tm2
bogomips        : 1598.13
clflush size    : 64

This a 64bit Athlon:
processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 75
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 2411.413
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 4828.44
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

This a 64bit Opteron:
processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 2613.435
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 5227.17
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

If someone is interested I can give same results for 64bit Xeon system,
but that's powered off right now.

However, I just ran lshw and that gives me:

product: Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
          vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
          physical id: 4
          bus info: cpu@0
          version: Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
          serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
          slot: CPU 1
          size: 2600MHz
          capacity: 2600MHz
          width: 64 bits
          clock: 200MHz
          capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht
syscall nx mmxext fxsr
_opt rdtscp x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy

Please have a look at capabilities, where x86-64 is mentioned. Thus
right now I would suggest using lshw|grep x86-64.

Sorry, that I don't know where it pulls this particular info from.

Carsten
-