Re: Ethernet devide enumeration problems

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 19:26 -0300, Mauricio Silveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm here asking for solutions for the Damned "Ethernet device
> enumeration" problem!
>
> I have a P5b Mobo for my office server, it has 2 integrated NICs, but
> the order for eth0/eth1 changes at each boot! It's getting me mad!
>

> I'm using slackware 11.0, kernel 2.6.21.3.
>
> I know Suse and RHEL has a solution, but it integrates too many things
> to get it working under slackware.
>
> Any "easy"(not with so many dependencies) way?

Use udev with rules for keeping the ethernet interfaces consistant.

--
Nikolai Lusan
Systems Administrator

Hitwise Pty. Ltd.
Level 7 / 580 St Kilda Road
Melbourne, Victoria 3004
Australia
Phone: +61 3 8530 2400
Fax:  +61 3 9529 8907
www.hitwise.com.au
nikolai.lusan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Worldwide:  •  United States  •  United Kingdom  •  Australia  •  New
Zealand  •  Singapore  •  Hong Kong

To subscribe to our complimentary monthly newsletter, visit:
http://www.hitwise.com.au/

The information transmitted may be confidential, is intended only for
the person to which it is addressed, and may not be reviewed,
retransmitted, disseminated or relied upon by any other persons. If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender and destroy
any paper or electronic copies of this message. Any views expressed in
this email communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states otherwise. Hitwise does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the communication is free of
-