Re: Kernel read/write Blocksize

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:31:47 +0000
Glynn Clements <glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neal Morrison wrote:
>
> > some of my colleagues told me that the internel Buffsize ist 4k.
> > Yesterday I saw in the Kernelconfigurations that the default value for
> > the stacksize is 8k and you can set it to 4k.
> >
> > Kernel hacking -> Use 4Kb for kernel stacks instead of 8Kb
>
> Note that this is for the kernel stack, not the user-space stack.

Ok, thank you for this clearing.

> > So my question is: Is the stacksize simular to the read/write size?
>
> What do you mean by "read/write size"?

For example. I have to write an Server in C. And now I want to figure
out which is the best blocksize, relative to the kernel, I should read
from the socket. Is it easier for the kernel, when I read 4k blocks
from the networkbuffer or doesn't matter?

I want to write the serverprogramm in relative to have the best
performance, so I think that is fundamental to know something about the
internel copy prozessing of the kernel.

--
Regards Neal

P.S. Please excuse of my bad english.