Re: Simple expect question

On Nov 13, 2006, at 17:05, Glynn Clements wrote:

urgrue wrote:

I'm trying to make a simple script that will do with telnet what one can
do with ssh when you do "ssh hostname command". iow:
telnet somehost command

then it should, using expect (presumably), telnet into somehost, prompt
me interactively for the username/password, and after successfully
logging in run the command specified on somehost.

The Wikipedia page for Expect uses this task as its first example:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expect

Thanks, I had already seen that. The problem with the example is it expects the username and password as variables that I'd have to give on the command line which I'd rather not do. Although, maybe I can be a bit kludgey and have a bash script prompt for those and then feed them to expect, which seems a bit messy but I suppose it'll work.

-