Sorting maildir mailboxes

I'm running Courier IMAP on my server, with the mail being stored in
maildir directories according to procmail rules I've created - so for
each mailing list I'm on there's a separate folder.

To begin with, what's the correct way to send all the mail from the
main inbox folder back through procmail so it gets resorted?

My next problem is that some of the mailing lists I'm on are quite
high traffic and there's thousands of messages in each IMAP folder,
making them quite hard to navigate. Is there a way I can periodically
sort through all the IMAP folders and archive things monthly, putting
each month in a new sub-folder.

i.e

I have a folder called "Linux-Admin", and after archiving I'd like the
following folder structure:

Linux-Admin / Jan2006
Linux-Admin / Feb2006
and so on.

I'd only do this once a month, and don't mind if I need to manually
specify which folders need processing, it doesn't need to recurse
through the entire IMAP directory structure. I also have full
commandline access to my IMAP server so don't need to do this using an
IMAP client.

--
http://www.piku.org.uk - Outdoor Photos: http://www.piku.co.uk
-