Re: Configuring Exim to recognise foo@xxxxxxxxx is local

On 17 Sep 2006 at 2:43, James wrote:

> I'm setting up Exim and can't work out how to make it recognise my gmail
> account is local to the machine, rather than sending it to Google, but still
> allowing it to treat all other gmail accounts as non-local?
>
> How can I tell Exim that all mail addressed to "foo@xxxxxxxxx" is local, but
> mail to any other gmail.com address is non-local?

For exim to treat gmail.com as local it would need to be in
local_domain list under the main configuration.

something like:

domainlist local_domains = /path/to/local/domains/file

I am sure this would be a bad practise and you'd be better off doing
using some other technique such as relay_from. Perhaps a mail to the
exim users list would get you a better answer though.

Good luck.
Dp.

-