Re: Execute command via samba on windows machine?

I think this message might be better of on the samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailing list.

I have never herd of samba being able to execute commands on remote
windows clients but i do know that executing commands remotely is not
limited to the server so there might be some 3rd party applications out
there n if there isn't it might be a nice idea to make one.

There are some other alternatives e.g. run a ssh server on the clients and
get the ssh server to execute commands or make the clients look for a txt
file on a servers share and execute the content if it exists, however,
this would be a lot of messing about and maybe something you don?t want to
do or have time for.

Matt.

-