From: David Fierbaugh [mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:16 PM
To: Sion Khalaf; linux-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Quota for root ?

That seems like a bad idea, even if it is possible.

I'd suggest having it direct it's output to another process running as a
different user. Then you can use quota for that user. And if it did fill
up the device, you'd still have root's reserved % to keep the system at
least partially functional.

Or, create a file of a set size, and mount that as a drive, then record
the data to that file, then you have an exact limit on the amount of
data recorded.

I'm sure there are quite a few other creative solutions, those are just
the two that popped into my mind as quick fixes.

-