Re: lvm ate my hamster

If you used pvcreate to recreate the pv, and/or vgcreate to recreate the
vg when you moved the disk, you probably have effectively lost the
data.... Not sure about any recovery utilities... sorry

The correct way, would have been to add the disk to the new machine, and
then issue pvchange -ax y, then vgscan, then vgchange -a y

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
(443)-506-6216
callahant@xxxxxxxxxx

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.

-