Re: sendmail & masquerading problem

Luca Ferrari wrote:

> I've got a mail server running sendmail 8. I'd like to masquerade
> machines behind the mail server, thus e-mail does not appear to be sent
> from machine.mydomain.com but only from mydomain.com. I've tried the
> masquerade directive as follows, but it does not work. Any suggestions?
>
> dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
> dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
> dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

"dnl" deletes everything up to the end of the line. If you place it at
the beginning of a line, the line will be ignored (similar to
"commenting out" a line in a shell script by placing a "#" at the
start of a line).

Apart from that, you have to tell it which domains to masquerade via
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN or MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE. Otherwise it will only
masquerade domains in class w (i.e. any aliases for mail server itself).

--
Glynn Clements <glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-