Re: samba: unreachable - admin prohibited

Dermot Paikkos said:
> On 29 Jul 2005 at 11:25, Scott Taylor wrote:
>

>> I don't see any SMB or NMB allowed in your IPTABLES rulez.
>>
> I guess the next question is how do I add a rule for smb and nmb or can
I just turn it off to confirm that this is the source of the problem?

If you don't need a firewall then you should disable it.  FD4 default
rules blocks everything unless you specifically allow it.  To modify the
firewall you could use system-config-security (I think it is)...let me
turn on my FD4 box...da-dee-dum-dee-dum...booting...la-de-dah...takes so
long to boot this OS...go get a coffee...

Ah, here it is, "system-config-securitylevel".  It works in both X and
terminal session (command line).  You can customize it to allow the
different ports, I forget off hand what nmb and smb are on.  Or disable it
all together.  Make sure to read the help and stuff on the screen. :)

In X it's in a really stupid place, under "Desktop" menu -> System
Settings -> Security Level.

I don't know who's silly idea it was to put system settings (like firewall
settings) under a menu called Desktop.  It's a wonder anyone can navigate
this POS OS that installs way too much gunk even when you install basic
mode. =P

Enjoy.

--
Scott