Re:Gentoo livecd - unionfs module problem

I am not sure what the problem is, but I know that modules
must be in ELF format. From my readings, ELF is the default
output format nowdays, perhaps your compiler is too old?
Anyway... check your compiler version and manual! ;)

If it is not the case, sorry, I do not know how to help!

> Hi!
>
> i´m working on a linux livecd gentoo-based using the
linux-live
> scripts.
> Ok, then, i use the gentoo kernel 2.6.11 with squashfs support
> (not module, incore) and i compile the unionfs.ko module.
> I gzip the module unionfs.ko and i copy it to the:
>
> kernel-modules/'uname -r'/
>
> directory for a future use by the linux-live scripts.
>
> Then, the scipts copy unionfs.ko.gz to the initrd.
>
> The problem is: when the initrd boots and it try to load
> the module (from /tmp when it´s already gunzipped) returns
this
> message:
>
> insmod: cannot open module '/tmp/unionfs.ko' :
> Invalid module format(-1): Exec format error
>
> but if i try to load the module on the gentoo distribution
before
> create the .iso and burn´it (on the hard-disk) there´s no
> problem (i load it with the same 'busybox' binary that
uses the
> linuxrc script)
>
> Then, errors, kernel panic, goodbye...
>
> Help! Please...