readline-minicom-vt102 bash autowrap not working.

Hello all,
           Forgive me if this mail doesn't belong to this group,but any
help would be greatly useful.Iam trying to write a custom shell that
runs on a board and has serial interface via minicom,vt102 terminal.The
board has busybox running on it.When I download my application that uses
readline on to it the readline is not scrolling to the next line when it
reaches to the rightmost column.Line wrap on is not a solution for this
as even this is not providing the same(Just mentioning it).What I
observe is:

when I download bash-3.0 into the board and run it,even it is unable to
do this autowrapping.

when I use only the boards' busybox,default it is working fine.

when Iam using libedit(Similar to readline) it is working fine on the
board and provides me autowrap.

But The /usr/share/terminfo/v/* are very much present.I tried to dowload
and run it on the box but in vain.

To repeate the problem:bash is not providing the autowrap feature when
it is being interfaced via serial vt102 terminal.The board is P3 board.

I tried out /etc/inpurc:set horizontal-scrolling-mode on-----X
downloaded the /etc/bashrc and then run bash---X

echo $TERM prints vt102 in the board but printf("%s\n",rl_terminal_name)
is printing
null.

What could be problem and what all can I try to solve this?

Any suggestions would be greately helpful.

thanks in advance.

regards-
kaushal.

-