Re: Teste kernel for a certain capability

Mário Gamito <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Rule of thumb: You have to stress-test it
> >
> > Anything specific you are looking for?
> Checking for AppleTalk monolithic support would be nice :)

Hm. Haven't played with that one yet, but what about some script you
run at some time (end) of the boot process? As far as I know,
AppleTalk's purpose was to allow multiple users to share resources.
Check for those; if it works, go ahead, do your stuff, if not well,
time for plan B. I use that kind of approach (feature is present, but
its usability is the point) on my laptop when I connect to my LAN to
check for the presence of backup servers (-> NFS)

> > --
> > Bastard Administrator in $hell
> Aren't we all ;-) ?

As it should be; users better have a backup ;)

--
Bastard Administrator in $hell