Re: linuxsingle

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 05:20 +0100, Ankit Jain wrote:
> ifanybody can tell me how to make changes in linux so
> that a person cannot move to linux single mode in any
> condition . not even from bootable CD

	Encrypt the hard drive including the root file system.  There are
several How-To's out there on encrypted root file systems and encrypted
swap (DON'T FORGET TO ENCRYPT YOUR SWAP!)  Burn a bootable CD-Rom with
your boot system.  Store the key to your file systems on a USB key which
you remove after booting.  [Alternative, on systems which can boot from
USB, burn it all to the USB key.]  Now, nobody can simply reboot your PC
for any reason without having that USB key.  At least, if they boot it
off a bootable CD, they still can't read the hard drive.  Then you just
have to make sure they can't log into the running system or switch to S
from a running system.

	You still need to worry about stuff like hardware keyloggers and other
nasty hardware stuff that people MIGHT install if they think you're
being cheeky with all this stuff.  You might tempt someone to show you
up.  :-)

> thanks

> ankit

	Mike