Re: iptables problem

On Thursday 17 February 2005 19:45 Your Name's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> > I'm not sure of what you're saying, since the machine goes on the
>
> internet
>
> > thru an ADSL router, that performs NAT by itself, so the firewall, as
>
> far as
>
> > I'll use eth1 both as internal and external interface, will only forward
> > requests to the ADSL router. However, here there's the output of the
>
> iptables
>
> > -L -n:
>
> ip_forwarding shall only work with two lan cards, no set up shall work
> as a firewall with one network interface.

That's not true,since I was working (thanks to suggestions of this mailing
list) with a single network interface. Now that I tried it, it's working in
the right way (i.e., with two network cards), but even with one it was
working.

Luca
--
Luca Ferrari,