SSH problem

Hi all

I have a machine with RHEL 3 WS. This machine has two network interfaces,
each one in a different network, one for office work and another for
development work.

Since I don't want to enable access between both network but in special
cases, this machine is providing ssh service, and I am planning to use it
as "jump machine": An user access to the Jump Machine using ssh and then in
the shell the users must connect using ssh to the development machine. More
clearly:

A is the office machine
B is the development machine
C is the jump machine

U is the user (defined in both B and C)

The schema:

A -> (ssh) -> C -> (ssh) -> B

Well:
If U is root all is going fine.
If U is for instance "pedro" (My test user), the connection between A and C
is correct, but I am not able to connect to B.
If I connect form C to B (accessing directly to A console) this behaviour
is also observed.

I copied the known_hosts under "/root/.ssh" to "/home/pedro/.ssh", and
chowned this file to user "pedro" group "pedro" (As defined in
/etc/passwd).

I didn't generated enither DSA nor RSA keys because I want a password
connection for each user

When trying to connect from C to B I get an:

Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey)

At the end of this mail please see the -vvv trace for this connection try,
but... any idea?

Thanks you in advance,
      Pedro.

[pedro@C]$ ssh pedro@B -vvv
OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to B [B] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/pedro/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/pedro/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/pedro/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version 3.0.1 SSH
Secure Shell
debug1: match: 3.0.1 SSH Secure Shell pat 3.0.*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,cast128-cbc,arcfour,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,rijndael-cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd160@xxxxxxxxxxx,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd160@xxxxxxxxxxx,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: first_kex_follows 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: reserved 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: ssh-dss
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,twofish128-cbc,twofish-cbc,arcfour,cast128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,twofish192-cbc,twofish256-cbc
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,twofish128-cbc,twofish-cbc,arcfour,cast128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,twofish192-cbc,twofish256-cbc
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5,hmac-md5-96,none
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5,hmac-md5-96,none
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: first_kex_follows 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: reserved 0
debug2: mac_init: found hmac-md5
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug2: mac_init: found hmac-md5
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug2: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 121/256
debug2: bits set: 505/1024
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY
debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /home/pedro/.ssh/known_hosts
debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: match line 1
debug1: Host 'B' is known and matches the DSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/pedro/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug2: bits set: 499/1024
debug1: ssh_dss_verify: signature correct
debug2: kex_derive_keys
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug2: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,password
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: Trying private key: /home/pedro/.ssh/identity
debug3: no such identity: /home/pedro/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: /home/pedro/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: no such identity: /home/pedro/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /home/pedro/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: no such identity: /home/pedro/.ssh/id_dsa
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred: ,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: Next authentication method: password
debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 50 padlen 14 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
Permission denied, please try again.
debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 50 padlen 14 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
Permission denied, please try again.
debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 50 padlen 14 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey).
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x8062c30(0x0)

--
Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial y/o privilegiada.
Si Vd. no es el destinatario de este mensaje o ha recibido este mensaje

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error), please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden by current legislation.
The points of view expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily be from, or supported by, the company.
Telefonica Moviles S.A. neither assumes obligations nor accepts
liability for the content of this e-mail, unless that information is
subsequently confirmed by writing by a duly authorised representative.

-