Re: weird cd-drive behaviour

hi Scott,
	The hdd is having few bad clusters ,but in the C drive and why should
linux (Win=C,D,E;Linux rest of the disk)report it as a problem.What
about the corrupt /dev node.I couldn't get you.The configuration is:
	40GB samsung hdd.
	Intel 815E motherboard.
	PIII processor.
	samsung 52X cd-drive.
	Windowx XP
	Fedora core-1
	Grub.
Can this is a problem due to faulty IDE-slot/IDE-connector?Is there any
s/f or method  by which I can test the integrity of my motherboard and
its components?
Thanks in advance.
kaushal