Re: samba or nfs?

i use samba. it may have more overhead and be a bit more annoying to set up, but NFS has been quite troublesome for me, particularly when the connection speeds were slowish or unstable. quite often i'd have these dead mounts that couldnt be unmounted by any means and only a reboot would help.
samba isnt exactly great either, but at least it seems to deal with network irregularities better.
openafs is a third option that people have recommended to me, which i have not yet tried.