Re: system clock...

Ankit Jain <ankitjain1580@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> hi
>
> i have a problem with my system clock.
>
> whenever i reboot or start my system my clock is
> incremented by around 6 hrs. after that its alright
> i.e if i correct the time it dosent mis behave but i
> dont know whats wrong in reboot or booting the sys?
>
> if somebody can help or faced this kinda situation?

This seems to be a common problem.  I've had it myself, but I don't recall how
I fixed it, it was something to do with a setting in my Mandrake Linux control
panel.

I just saw a document here last week that referenced this problem, and how to
fix it, so hopefully someone will come along with the answer.

The problem is that your real-time hardware clock is using a different time
zone than your system clock, so when you reboot, one or the other updates the
other one, and things go awry...

-