Re: smbmount

Kirkwood, David A said:

> The documentation for smbmount seems to indicate that I
> can connect to the windows system if I know some wins information such
as the machine ID. How do I find this if I only know th ip, or better
still what is the syntax of the command I need to execute on the linux
system. The remote system is a windows server, but I don't know the
version of the
>  O/S.

man smbclient

You can use smbclient -L (IP)

nmap is also nice to search the entire network for nmb clients. ;)

If it is an NT based windoze you will probably need a user name and
password, at least a username (maybe not) for Win9x

Knowing more about your network always helps.

--
Scott

--
Scott