Re: pcl & images

On Monday 23 August 2004 17:18 Scott Taylor's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> Luca Ferrari said:
> > On Saturday 21 August 2004 14:01 Scott Taylor's cat walking on the
> > keyboard
> > wrote:
>
> I don't own a cat.

You should try to have a cat.

> Begging does not become a SysAdmin, hard work and research does.  Nobody
> is an expert at anything until they figure it out for themselves, all
> anyone can offer you, at this point, is direction.  I no longer posess
> living samples, it was way to long ago and I no longer need PCL for
> anything.  I charge $100/hr for R&D and for this you would be looking at
> about 60 or so hours, if I remember how long it took last time.  Not worth
> it I would say, much cheaper to have a print shop place the logo on a form
> for you, and you just continue to output the text you need.

I've already this, I mean I've already pre-printed pages with the logo and
other stuff, but to make the print cheaper and to have more flexibility I
want to find a way to work with images in my prints.

> Have you tried capturing a PCL file of the graphics you want?  That's how
> I got started the first time.  Try installing print drivers in Windows for
> "HP LaserJet 4" and then printing the graphic to a file (instead of LPT1);
> there is your sample.

Now I'm working with pcloverlay, merging a pcl image and a pcl file and
printing them together. It seems to work, but the image is partially cut-off
(it seems as a few pixels in the bottom are eat by the other pcl print).

Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,
fluca1978@xxxxxxxxxxx