Re: File size

Anindya Mozumdar said:
> Hi,
>    How can I make a file zero length without deleting the contents of
>    the file manually through an editor ?

LMAO

If you are trying to get answers to a test or have us do your home work
for you, this is probably not the best place to do it.  Here you will find
SysAdmins, not all are schooled and many times you will find answers here
that do not agree with your school book.

For stuff like this you should try linux-newbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Although, you may find a lot of bored SysAdmins here, giving you all kinds
of strange answers (some that are even wrong), this is not the appropriate
place.  As funny as it is, people should not give wrong answers, and less
then knowlegdeable SysAdmins should not either.

BTW, "cp /dev/null > myFile" works, but may need to be contested to give
you accurate points on a test.  Depending on your shell, probably, a
simple ">myFile" will be the proper response.

-