Re: [Help] Strange Linux server no response problem, fixed byhitting ENTER at console!

Charles,

Even if APMD is not running, a specific apmd bios
setting could definitely affect -Linux boxes used
 to reboot unexpectedly when power management set
the machine to sleep back in the times when APMD
did not exist.

My advice is to check all relevant bios settings,
including:

- unusual interrupt settings.
- power management 'toys'. There is no need for
them if yours is a 365/24/7 server.
- aggressive settings: raw-access-anything,
video optimisations, etc.

Write down your current set up and work from
there. I think you will probably find something
that triggers the problem.

Gerardo