Re: Where's Glynn( and a Linux question) ?

> I can't be sure without seeing the actual codes, but my first guess
> would be that it is attempting to use ANSI colour sequences but the
> pager (e.g. less) is displaying a printable representation.

Glynn --
Your guess about ansi color is correct, that's how Patrick V set it  up by
defualt. He also has less set in /etc/profile to LESS="-M"?

The "-r" option worke fine for me :-)

Thank a alway for you reply.

David

---------

Here' some out (with out the -r):

man(1)                                                                  man(1)

NAME
       man - format and display the on-line manual pages
       manpath - determine user's search path for man pages

SYNOPSIS
       man  [-acdfFhkKtwW]  [--path]  [-m
system] [-p string] [-C
config_file]
       [-M pathlist] [-P pager] [-S
section_list] [section] name ...

DESCRIPTION
       man formats and displays the on-line manual pages.  If you
specify sec-
       tion,  man  only looks in that section of the manual.
name is normally
       the name of the manual page, which is typically the name of a  command,
       function,  or  file.   However,  if  name contains a slash
(/)
-