Re: sendmail ...

terry white wrote:

>     i have sendmail configured to use 'access', and for the most part
> seems to work fine.  however.
>
>     i have 'bulk' denied "hotmail" and the like.  how do i go about
> allowing 'user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.  the following fails in that regard:
>
>      "user@*.yahoo.com         OK" ...

You can't. At least, not by simply adding entries to the access map;
you would have to either change the rulesets which use the access map,
or change the way in which the access map operates.

The domain part will be tested against the actual domain plus all
parent domains, i.e. user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will result in lookups
for blah.blah.yahoo.com, blah.yahoo.com, yahoo.com and com. However,
the full address (with the user@ part) is only tested with the exact
domain.

In summary, passing user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the check_mail ruleset
will result in the following keys being looked up in the access map: