help with a samba printer

Hi,
I'm still fighting with this problem, hoping to find a solution. We have a
management program which runs on a Linux server. Each workstation (windows
pcs) connects to the Linux server and work with the management software. Each
pc can print result from the software on a local printer shared with samba,
thus each pc shares the printer and the linux servers has all printers loaded
as smb printers. Since the software runs in the server itself, prints are
produced from the server and delivered via samba. Is there a way to leave a
printing document in the queue untill it is printed? I mean, if the windows
printer is switched off, can the server (lpd or cups) retry untill the
printer is turned on?

Thanks,
Luca

--