Re: What determiens where email is stored?

Adam Lang wrote:

> I am using Sendmail with procmail as the local mailer.
>
> Currently all the mail is stored on my mail server in
> /var/spool/mail/<username>
>
> I want to move the storage to a different directory and I can not seem to
> find the appropriate configuration file.

Global procmail settings can be stored in /etc/procmailrc (this file
may not exist yet; procmail's default settings are correct for
"typical" usage).

The default mail spool (used for storing messages which aren't handled
by an explicit rule) is determined by the ORGMAIL variable, which
defaults to /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME.

See the procmailrc(5) manpage for more information.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@xxxxxxxxxx>
-