Re: RAID 1

> Is there a command I can use to check the health of the software RAID 1
> that I am running. Any command to check the health of the individual
> disks?

I'm not sure what to recommend but I know what NOT to recommend.  An
article concerning the software package named "S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring
Tools" appeared in Linux Journal a few months back.  (Actually I'm not
sure if S.M.A.R.T. works with RAID disks.)  This package purported to
analyze and monitor the health of hard drives.  I ran S.M.A.R.T. on the
hard drive of one of my systems.  Afterwards I had to reformat the hard
drive and reinstall the system in order to get it running again.  I
contacted the author and it was his opinion that I did something wrong.
Even if I did do something wrong the software should not corrupt my hard
drive the way it did.

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake@xxxxxxxxx -- http://mlake.net
-