Re: Load Balancer, fail tolerance and replication in PostgreSQL

Hello Brandon,

Thank you very much for your hint, sounds very promising. I have tried to find the roadmap of the version 7.5 and I cant find it. Do you know more or less when version 7.5 are suppossed to be released?

Many thanks

Miguel

Miguel González Castaños wrote:

- There are integrated software for high availability using PostgreSQL (i.e.: eRserver) but have commercial licences (you have to pay a lot for it).

- There are some efforts for developing GPL application to achieve replication, or load balancing or even clustering. My impression is that they are in a earlier stage, but some of them look promising. Anyway I am not very sure if any of them will suit into my setup (like pgcluster or dbmirror).

Anyway as you can see I´m pretty lost and I need some guidance to put me in the right direction...

-

Not to sure what kind of timeframe you have here, but replication is marked as "Urgent" on the PostgreSQL 7.5 relese todo list http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php