Re: port busy after server die.

Gustavo Guillermo wrote:

> Hello everyone, I have a nice question, I ran a WebServer, and after 8
> days hangs and die, but TCP port wasn't released.
> I know that the solution is restart the system, but I see it in other
> times and this server can't be restarted.
>
> There is some C function or command or anything that can release this
> port?

First, check the status of the port with "netstat -at".

If there are any entries for the port in the LISTEN or ESTABLISHED
states, the port is still in use. You dan determine which processes
are associated with the socket using e.g. "fuser -vn tcp 80" (as
root).

OTOH, if there are connections in the TIME_WAIT state, you just have
to wait for them to time out.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@xxxxxxxxxx>
-