Re: Share monitor/keyboard with Window

Mike Ni wrote:
Hey Folks,

I want to configure the linux system in a way that it
can share the "monitor", "keyboard" & "mouse" with a
Window system via a "KVM switch box".

Instead of spending money on the monitor/keyboard, I
thought maybe the two opeerating system can share one.

Last I checked, the KVM switch cost more than a second keyboard/mouse....

But, that said, at my last company, we tried using a KVM between 3 seperate computers: Linux, DG/UX, and NT 4. What we found was that the NT mouse drivers and the Linux mouse drivers expected the mouse to be configured slightly differently and that switching between them often produced frustration that the "other" OS didn't work right ("other" being the OS booted first, since the OS booted second would re-program the mouse...). Most NT-users decided to stay with NT full time, and I decided to stay with Linux full time, and use VMWare to run NT under Linux when I needed the NT software.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx