Re: Removing clear-text passwords

For ftp you have sftp of SSH, then you would have a replace for telnet and
ftp.

There is also ftp-ssl, patching ftp servers with SSL support. SSH has been
made with security in mind, ftp servers normally lack of security and suffer
from many bugs...It is up to you to choose any of these posibilities.

As a drawback, there is no GUI client under linux for SSH, but there is one
for Windows, from www.ssh.com, you can give it a try.

HTH

Miguel

Greg Kilfoyle ha escrito: