Re: XFS

We used it pretty heavily on NFS servers and had no issues. I'd recommend ext3 on / for ease of maintenance, then xfs on the data partition.

Make sure your backup solution can deal with xfs, or do backups over an exported filesystem.

Alexander Economou wrote:
Hi
 I decided to use xfs in some servers @ work (kernel 2.4.23 with the appropriate
xfs patch) I would like to ask if anyone here uses xfs and if you fount it
stable in high load systems.Xfs is full of nice features thus when i saw tha man
page for xfs_repair at the end it says about some limitations that will be fixed
in the future.If anyone has experience with xfs i would like a reply.
Thanx alot