Re: 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps ISA cards

Here is the help from make config:

"If your card is not working you may need to use the DOS
setup disk to disable Plug & Play mode, and to select the default
media type."

This is from the EtherLink III (3c509) support (kernel 2.4.20).

You should do that for your 509 card and use the kernel compiled with
support for that cards that you want to use.

I suppose that you did not forget about the "append ether=0,0,eth1"

The firs "0" is for autoIRQ and the second "0" is for specifying that all
I/O addresses are to be probed. It is better to let the kernel to
auto-probe (aka 0,0,eth1) for the card that you have. If you still have
problems, you should pass the correct parameters (addr, IRQ) to
the kernel directly.

I hope that this will help you.

Have a nice day from ROMANIA !

                           ____    ____    o           ~