Re: ACPI support for optee driver

On 9/20/17, Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 02:17:38PM +0530, Mayuresh Chitale wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on adding APCI support to optee kernel driver and was
>> considering implementing it in the following way:
>>
>> - An optee device node would be added to the bios as follows:
>> Device(OPTE) {
>>       Name(_HID, ...)
>>       Name(_CID, ...)
>>       Name(_DDN, ...)
>>       Name (_DSD, Package () {
>>           Package () {
>>             Package (2) {"method", "smc"}
>>           }
>
> This _DSD is malformed as it is missing UUID.
Actually it is present in the code. I just wanted to present the
required details. Sorry for the ambiguity.

>>       })
>>     }
>>
>> - The optee kernel driver would then search for \\SB.OPTE device using
>> acpi_get_handle and parse the node to get the conduit method.
>
> You can use the standard device_property_* (see
> include/linux/property.h) accessors which fully support _DSD device
> properties.
>
>> I was wondering if this is the correct way to implement it and if so
>> do I need to get the OPTE device registered?  Your feedback is really
>> appreciated.
>
> There is something documented here:
>
> Documentation/acpi/DSD-properties-rules.txt

In DT, the optee node is placed under the firmware directory but I
dont think there is any equivalent to that in ACPI so I added the
'OPTE' node. I was wondering if this needs to be registered with
UEFI/ACPI forum.