Re: Fix in ACPICA tools broke cross compilation of tools/power/acpi

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Zheng, Lv <lv.zheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Andy
>
>> From: Andy Shevchenko [mailto:andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx]
>> Subject: Re: Fix in ACPICA tools broke cross compilation of tools/power/acpi
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Andy Shevchenko
>> <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > The below + several runs (need to serialize makefile, by default it
>> > races install vs. build)  helped eventually.
>>
>> Isn't better just to revert patch I mention and continue from working case?
>
> It's not possible to revert that patch.

It surely is possible to revert things, but it may not be a good idea.
So I think you wanted to say that reverting this particular one would
not be a good idea.

> It contains correct header inclusion cleanups.

Cleanups are not a good enough reason for breaking builds.

> While this case is in fact a special case, bugs in tools/Makefile are triggered (about OUT/SRC).

I'm not sure what you mean.

> OTOH, this case is actually not a very useful case.

In your opinion I guess?

> We can see many tools build broken for cross-compilers, and tools/power/acpi is not the only one.

I guess the issue is that it was not broken before and it is broken
after your changes.  That's quite a bit of a difference.

> We are just to improve it.

That's nice, but see above.

Thanks,
Rafael