Re: [RFC 00/15] ACPI graph support

Hi Lorenzo,

Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
FWIW I had a quick look at dts bindings with "compatible = nokia,smia"
and related kernel driver.

Those nodes require properties like clocks and power supplies, it
seems to me that there are already ACPI PM methods to control those
properties and therefore they should not be handled with PRP0001,
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Those properties are there for DT only. ACPI already has native mechanisms for power resources but the driver right now still requires explicit regulator and clock, meaning that it does not work on an ACPI system out of the box.

The patch making the regulator optional is here:

<URL:http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg106156.html>

I'll provide another patch to make the clock optional as well *once I can fully test it*. Right now I can't.

--
Kind regards,

Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx