Re: ARM juno R2 board USB Issue (EHCI probe failed)

On 27/09/16 17:23, Robin Murphy wrote:
On 27/09/16 17:13, Hanjun Guo wrote:
On 09/27/2016 05:07 PM, Sudeep Holla wrote:

[...]

As I mentioned in private, I do get the same error if I drop _CCA in
USB object of ACPI DSDT. Can you give it a spin with latest UEFI ?

Sure, will try with latest UEFI.

I bet that's 8-12 months old. It puts the banner during boot with the
build date. You can try to follow [1] or access it from [2]

Agree.

D03 is using the same IP (EHCI) and the USB works fine with _CCA
in the device node.

_CCA is mandatory on arm64 (see CONFIG_ACPI_CCA_REQUIRED). Any devices
without it are going to end up with the dummy DMA ops which
intentionally fail if a driver tries to use them - i.e. the error seen
above is by design.

Yes that was the first thing I thought and gave it try with _CCA removed
in ACPI DSDT on my Juno R2. It so happens that we did ship it some
*custom* UEFI until Linaro 16.02 in which upstream EDK2 was merged :(

Since Vikas was trying boot out of USB, I didn't suggest him to take a
acpidump on Juno and confirm this by looking at the DSDT. Also I could
find a commit from Leif that adds _CCA to USB in OpenPlatformPkg to
confirm this.

--
Regards,
Sudeep