Re: leds-gpio on x86

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 13:57:45 +0300, Mika Westerberg
<mika.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah, this is different GPIO controller that is listed in the DSDT (the
> Baytrail GPIO host controller).
>
> In order to get ACPI GPIO stuff work here you would need to first add
> the GPIO device to the ACPI namespace and then modify gpio-f7188x.c to
> probe it from there. You would also need to invent a _HID to the device
> in order to get it matched. Unfortunately using random _HID will make
> upstreaming the changes difficult.

I gave a shot at writing a module. I got to the point where it builds
and loads, but it does not appear to do anything (no error
returned modprobe, nothing in dmesg).

I have no idea if the ~4 lines of "actual" code (ie, not just data
definition) are even in the good direction actually. I took
  http://www.armadeus.com/wiki/index.php?title=GPIO_LEDS
as an example. This is for a platform definition for a devboard
(arm ?), so it may be a wrong example. I took a look at other led
drivers, and their complexity varies a lot.

Would you mind taking a look ?
  https://github.com/vpelletier/linux/commits/ts651

For example, I have no idea how to explicitly depend on gpio-f7188x
and leds-gpio.
--
Vincent Pelletier