Regression: Asrock M3A UCC does not boot without acpi=off or pci=noacpi

While upgrading, I found out that my Asrock M3A UCC mainboard is no longer
compatible with current Linux' acpi. The BIOS version was 1.30, now I
upgraded to 1.40 (latest) without a change. (Error description below)

I found no other information from other people using the same mainboard
suffering from or solving this bug.

What's the best way to find (and fix) the cause? Debugging using
self-compiled kernels (with enabled debugging)? Bisecting? Asking
somewhere else?

Error description: The kernel will start to boot, but hang after
"NET: Registered protocol family 1" and before
"ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [APCF] enabled at IRQ 22" (reached only on 2.6)
My self-compiled kernel with ACPI debugging seems to indicate an infinite
loop - it spams plenty of messages too fast to read.

Debian oldstable kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 works fine.
Debian stable    kernel 3.2.0-4(?) needs acpi=off or pci=noacpi.
Same with Kubuntu 13.10's kernel.
Same with self-compiled kernel 3.12.6.

With acpi=off or pci=noacpi, the nvidia X11 driver crashes ... but that's
a different story.

with kind regards
	Bodo Eggert
--
Achtung Outlook-Fehler: Sollte diese Mail nicht korrekt dargestellt werden,
so hat Microsoft mal wieder die "unnötigen" Zeilenumbrüche ausgeblendet.

Mit Rechtsklick->Haken weg beheben Sie dieses Problem.
Dauerhafte Lösung:
http://www.pixeljunkie.de/entwickeltes/outlook-tipp-unnoetige-zeilenumbrueche-automatisch-entfernen-abschalten/
Oder nutzen Sie einfach ein Email-Programm eines anderen Herstellers.