Options for handling a broken dsdt.

Hi,

I am working on a thunderbolt driver for Mac Books (see [1] if you are
interested). I have got basic hotplug working but I am still
struggling with suspend issues. The problem is that ACPI will cut
power to the controller during startup/suspend/resume whenever it does
not detect Darwin. Furthermore the ACPI method which could be used to
re enable power is inactive if Darwin is not detected.

I have tried to use acpi_osi to make the firmware believe that it is
running Darwin. This does work but breaks other stuff (the firmware
contains a lot of OS specific code paths, for example _OSC breaks...).

My question would then be whether there exists a more user friendly
alternative to a custom DSDT? My plan is to somehow exchange/modify a
few ACPI methods from within my driver. Would a driver which does this
be accepted or is that a complete no-go? Is there any infrastructure
in place to help me with this? Am I missing some alternatives?

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/28/492