ACPI test

Hi All!

I'm reviewing Linux Test Project's test concerning ACPI and a little bit lost with the following test: https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/testcases/kernel/device-drivers/acpi. It's quite outdated...

Pardon my technical knowledge on this subject but could you guide me to solve the following questions about the test and ACPI:

* Is it necessary to use block device to test ACPI functionality as test does?

* How can I verify data which I get from acpi_driver_data() using random acpi device handle? The test is using its own 'acpi_ec' structure and trying to cast return void pointer from that function to it, but in the kernel, this structure is slightly different and defined internally.

May be you have some thoughts how ACPI test should look like? Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Alexey