MSR Len Brown Nov 15, 2012

> turbostat 3.0

Added RAPL support to turbostat, named it version 3,
and queued it for Linux 3.8 merge window.

"RAPL support" to most people means that "turbostat now prints Watts".
It actually knows about the full RAPL register set, which is useful
for people (like me) who are investigating RAPL's effectiveness
for power capping.

> Upstream Linux

Rafael has successfully absorbed almost all of my patch merging duties
and he has quite a large collection of patches queued for Linux-3.8 merge window.

> WW42

Spent it in Portland w/ Rafael, where we both attended ITD.
The most useful part of ITD for me was in-person access to Intel's
HW architects.

> upcoming

poke more on power capping
work more with Dirk on p-states
work more with Srinivas on memory PM
work more w/ Jacob on DPTF and Rui on thermals

Continue to moderate US/China Linux Power Forum every Monday.
Continue to moderate US/Europe Power Forum every Thursday.