Resuming from hibernation on T61 with nvidia

Hello

As far I can remember (since I have my ThinkPad T61), there is problem with resuming from hibernation (suspend-to-disk) on this system. And I know that there are lots of people with the same problem.
I was checking lots of kernel versions but with no luck.

Was is the problem? In my T61 I have 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G84M [Quadro NVS 140M] (rev a1) and I am using nvidia drivers (also checked quite a few versions without any luck). Suspending to disk is working without any problem. The problem is when I want to resume. The resume process is stopping at some point (I think after the pages are red) for about 60 seconds. After that time, the resume process is continuing, and after few sec, I am back in X11.

I have motivation to fix it, but:

1. How to trace it?
2. Is it possible to fix this? Maybe the fix should take place in nvidia driver (nvidia.o), and that can not be done. But maybe the fix can be done in kernel?

I want to notice that, if the fix will only work for me, then that is fine with me.

I know that answer to 2. might be hard, so maybe some guide how to trace the problem?

--
pozdr0
dienet

"Old C programmers never die. They're just cast into void."