Re: [RFH] Power Management mini-summit during the Kernel Summit 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:11:21PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There was a plan to organize a PM mini-summit during the KS 2011 in Prague,
> but then I didn't follow up (which obviously is my fault) and lost track of
> things when kernel.org and the KS servers went offline.  So, apparently,
> the KS organizers concluded that the PM mini-summit wasn't going to happen
> after all and didn't add it to the schedule.
>
> Still, it appears to be possible to arrange a room for a PM meeting on
> Sunday, Oct 23, if there are people wanting to attend.  So, if you'd like
> to take part in such a meeting, please let me know ASAP.
>
> The topics I, personally, would like to discuss include:
> - Per-device PM QoS
> - Propagation of wakeup events to user space vs system suspend
> - Possibility of representing dependencies between devices through
>   "device links" (i.e. objects representing master-slave links between
>   devices)
> - Idea of common "platform" bus type that may cover ACPI devices (like
>   battery, fans etc.), PNP devices and current platform devices in a
>   consistent way
> - Freezer improvements

I really want to go but, I just came back to work from sabbatical and I
worry my manager would have a hard time granting me travel.  I had not
requested travel to ELCE and wasn't invited to the kernel summit.

It would be really good to get more traction on these things.   If you
want I'll request authorization but, its not likely I can get there.

--mark