Re: [RFH] Power Management mini-summit during the Kernel Summit 2011

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There was a plan to organize a PM mini-summit during the KS 2011 in Prague,
> but then I didn't follow up (which obviously is my fault) and lost track of
> things when kernel.org and the KS servers went offline.  So, apparently,
> the KS organizers concluded that the PM mini-summit wasn't going to happen
> after all and didn't add it to the schedule.
>
> Still, it appears to be possible to arrange a room for a PM meeting on
> Sunday, Oct 23, if there are people wanting to attend.  So, if you'd like
> to take part in such a meeting, please let me know ASAP.
I still do not know if I will be attendind, for various reasons. I
will let you know asap.

> The topics I, personally, would like to discuss include:
> - Per-device PM QoS
Since the discussion about the PM QoS user space interface(s) are
still going on I think this needs to be discussed.

I would also add the following items:
- PM QoS throughput constraints. How to handle a complex clock tree?
What should the API (kernel, user) look like?
- SmartReflex driver conversion. The current OMAP-only implementation
needs to be converted to a generic driver, possibly in drivers/power.

> - Propagation of wakeup events to user space vs system suspend
> - Possibility of representing dependencies between devices through
>  "device links" (i.e. objects representing master-slave links between
>  devices)
> - Idea of common "platform" bus type that may cover ACPI devices (like
>  battery, fans etc.), PNP devices and current platform devices in a
>  consistent way
> - Freezer improvements
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael