asus-laptop: Hangs during poweroff, but acpi appears to work.

I have an Asus N53JF-A1 laptop.

I am currently running archlinux with kernel version 2.6.37.5. The asus_laptop
module is also loaded.

When I turn the laptop off it prints "Power Off" then hangs.

Reboot works and all other acpi features appear to work (both the files in
/proc/acpi and whatever conky hooks into).

Archlinux users reported that installing 2.6.38.2 from the testing repos fixed
their problems, but they did not fix mine.

I also use the acpi_call module to write raw acpi calls so I can turn off the
nvidia gpu when in linux (which is a giant power savings) but I have made sure
that this module does not get loaded incase there was any interaction there.

If this isn't a known/fixed issue, is there a way for me to debug this more
directly? Either increasing the verbosity of the powerdown, increasing the
verbosity of what the kernel prints or even running gdb.