sysfs interface not updating when inserting/removing new battery

Hi,

I'm currently running Linux 2.6.35.4 on a COMexpress module made by
Kontron. I am having problems getting events about newly
inserted/removed batteries on the sysfs interface. The module has 2
battery slots and one AC/DC adapter (which are correctly detected by
the kernel at boot time).

Everything is correctly detected at boot time, problems appear when
removing or inserting a battery in one of the two slots once the
system is up and running.

First, if I remove a battery that was present at boot time, it's sysfs
interface isn't removed (it stays there with the last info that was
read from the battery) and second, if I add a new battery it's sysfs
interface is not created.

I also noticed that reading the battery state from procfs
(/proc/acpi/battery/BAT[12]/state) seems to trigger the update of both
the procfs and sysfs interface. So previously undetected batteries now
appear in sysfs and absent batteries are removed.

So, is there a way to update the batteries sysfs interface without
having someone poking at procfs all the time?

Regards,

Marc