RE: Question regarding linux acpi

Hi Matthew,

First very thanks for quick responses. But now i have one more
question regarding the ACPI.

As you mentioned " The core ACPI code will inform the PCI code (for instance) that a wakeup
event has been generated, or the PCI code (for instance) will call the
appropraite ACPI functions while putting the device in a low power
state"

{RAJ}: Does it mean then PCI bus driver code and ACPI driver will directly communicate
with each other without any linux power management core?

Please see if my understanding is correct:

{RAJ}: If system suspend/resumes and runtime_suspend/runtime_resume happens, as linux power management core(static/runtime)
calls the bus driver code so when ACPI will be there, the bus driver will directly call the ACPI driver APIs.

But still device driver's suspend and resume(static and runtime) calls will be called by bus driver as normal behaviour
and if ACPI is there, then bus driver will inform the device driver and then inform the device power status to ACPI driver?

correct?

{RAJ}: Will the ACPI driver code also call the linux power management functions directly?

Regards
Raj.